Highlights of Volunteers roles at project site
The volunteer has an opportunity to the Kisumu Multipurpose Center and meet the children and the projects at the Kisumu Multipurpose Center, school or at household levels to learn about the challenges they face. KMC wish to welcome more and committed volunteers to offer the following services at their organization project sites;
- Provide individual attention to children who may be withdrawn due to past trauma or unsuitable environment at the Center or at household level.
- Challenge and be challenged through your involvement with the community :- This project gives you the unique opportunity to witness issues of poverty, illness and education deficiency and work through them with the very people who are living these experiences.
- Supporting the expansion and improvement of the Center facilities to make it feel more like a ‘home’ for the children undergoing reintegration by helping with painting pictures on the walls, installing play equipment and other practical refurbishing.
- Live with Orphan and vulnerable children at their household and promoting their wellbeing by assisting with daily tasks such as preparing and cooking family meals.
- Work with local primary and secondary school teachers and share your skills to enhance the learning environment in local charitable children institutions, which support Orphan and Vulnerable children. Teach English as subject on the same.
- Share new techniques in facilitating life skills lessons, health talks and child rights during children exchange meetings/visits, at local primary and secondary schools and charitable children institutions.
- Support community projects such as building of local schools and dispensaries toilets, water points, resource centers.
- Distribute food and clothing, develop caring relationship and helps children to begin attending school at Dream center, local charitable children institutions and at household levels.
Volunteer involvement support to a project
Kisumu Multipurpose relies heavily on the time and skills of talented individuals who volunteer with us. We welcome volunteers to assist our project in the following ways;
- Spread the word about Kisumu Multipurpose (Social media, speaking opportunities and presentations).
- Organize fundraising house parties and local events for Kisumu Multipurpose upcoming projects.
- Web work for the organization( postings, updates, uploading photos, blogging etc).
- The trips to Kenya is an opportunity to explore one of the finest safari destinations in the world such as Lake Nakuru Flamingo Camps, Maasai Mara National reserve, Lake Victoria, Trips to Kenyan coast, Nairobi Elephant and giraffe sanctuaries and many more. It’s an opportunity to visit President Barrack Obama's native home.
- It’s a learning opportunities mostly on international development
- Get a taste of Kenyan culture and learn a bit of National language – Kiswahili.
- Opportunity to meet new friends and acquaintances especially with natives and other international volunteers in the program.
- Getting certificate of participation/recognition after service.
Who to volunteer (Categories)
Kisumu Multipurpose Center welcomes volunteers of age limit 16 years and above and English speaking or other languages but with translators. The volunteers should be from the following categories;
- University students/interns
- Church groups
- Youth groups
- Women groups
- Professional groups
- High school students
Volunteer project sites
- Charitable children’s institutions
- Local primary and secondary schools
- Community dispensaries
- Community households with Orphan and vulnerable children including reintegrated families
- Local churches
Volunteers program costs
The trips to Kenya is a motivation to fundraise and an opportunity to actually see what your fundraising is supporting to learn about international development and to encourage you to continue helping make positive change in the future, either on a personal or professional level. Kisumu Multipurpose will ensure that you enjoy your short stay in Kenya by providing security and what it takes to stay with us.
- 1 week ----------------------- $ 1,539 (USD)
- 2 weeks ---------------------- $ 1,862 (USD)
- 3 weeks ---------------------- $ 2,285 (USD)
- 4 Weeks ---------------------- -$ 2,811(USD)
Volunteers will spend time providing much needed assistance. The trips to Kenya is a motivation to fundraise and an opportunity to actually see what your fundraising is supporting to learn about international development and to encourage you to continue helping make positive change in the future, either on a personal or professional level. Kisumu Multipurpose will ensure that you enjoy your short stay in Kenya by providing security and what it takes to stay with us.